It’s incredibly important that the readers and viewers of Unkept Gentleman trust the information we provide. Whether it’s in written, video, or graphic form.
The business model is unique. The consumer (you the reader) does not pay for the service. Our content will be free to you forever. Therefore, we have to make money somehow. It’s just the way businesses work.
Since the person paying is not the same as the person consuming it’s important to establish transparency to the consumer so they trust in the information.
The way sponsors work is very clear. A sponsor pays money, they will have their brand mentioned on the site. However, in order for us to accept money from any brand they have to:
- Agree with the message that Unkept Gentleman portrays
- Agree with the specific content that they’re sponsoring
- We have to trust in their product.
It’s our job to vet the sponsor adequately and we ask for your trust in this matter.
We don’t do “reviews” disguised as ads. In other words, our opinions are NOT for sale. When Bud Light advertises in the super bowl they have no say over the score of the game. Advertisers on Unkept Gentleman have no say in our content.
We do our best to provide valuable information to you, and if the brand falls in line with the message & quality, then we feel confident in recommending them as a source to you.
If done correctly, this will be a win-win-win for everyone.
- You will receive valuable information.
- The (worthy) brand will get valuable exposure.
- If you choose to purchase a recommended product, it will provide value to you.
- And we keep our doors open to keep the content flowing.
That’s the goal. Win-win-win.